Friday, March 9, 2012

Many Views - The Dandelion

Dandelions are blooming everywhere around here!!  I took quite a few pictures of them... challenging myself to get different angles. Here's something I bet you didn't know: The leaves of the plant have very deep toothed edges, so in "Old French" it was called a  Dent-de-lion, which means "lion's tooth".  Here's another little nugget of history about the dandelion:  The dandelion was first brought to the Midwest from Europe to provide food for honeybees.  
 By the way.... I highly suggest "clicking" on the photos.  They look nicer when you do that!  :) 

This is just a straight on shot.  

This is looking up the plant shot. 

This one really is the best one.  :)  This is a ground view.  


Scottish Gal

3 comments:

Leah Miren said...

Lovely!

Carolyn RH said...

Happy dandelion pics! I also love the changes you've made on your blog.

Katie Boord said...

Great photos! I love the new blog design!!