Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Warm days..

I blurred this photo on purpose..... it sorta looks like an impressionist painting.  


A pair of Purple Martins.  I'm not sure what the male is thinking..... 

I L.O.V.E wild fields.  
Of course it is always sad around here when the farmers come to cut them for hay.  
:(  

This little toad was sunning himself on our gardens.  
(Please ignore the warped board...)

He hopped down and enjoyed the grass while I took pictures of him....

I like how his head is in focus but the rest of his body isn't.  

This is really the best photo of him.  

A Mourning Dove.  In case you are wondering what the yellow stuff behind it is.... it's more sneeze-weed.  

:)  I like this one alot.  It makes a wonderful computer backround...


Can anyone guess what bird this is?  I'll give you two more hints... They are nesting on our front porch and are very close in shape to the Purple Martin.  Be watching because I'll be doing a post on them soon.  

And I would like to say Happy Birthday to Katydids and Bluebirds!!!  
She is a wonderful photographer and birder!  
If you haven't already then go take a look at her blog


Scottish Gal

2 comments:

Katie Boord said...

Thanks so much!! :D

I love that photo of the green leaves! How did you get that warped effect?

As for the bird quiz...I'm gonna say Barn Swallow.

Awesome photos!!

P.S: Thanks for the Birder's Journal as well! I can't wait to use it in the field!

Sarah Nicole said...

Warped effect? I have no clue... I just took the picture. Actually I took it with a telephoto lens... maybe that did it.