Friday, May 18, 2012

Many Views

Queen Anne's Lace
~

I love the Queen Anne's Lace around here!!  It looks like floating white clouds in a field.  :)  It's so enchanting.  So many little insects also love this flower and I have seen many species of wasps, bee, beetles, gnats and unknown things with wings.  




I like the pink tint of the outside flower clusters on this one.  

Now here is where I must explain something.  This picture(I do believe) is not Queen Anne's Lace but Hemlock.  Hemlock looks extremely similar to QAL but it has a fatal poison.  For that reason we never pick QAL just in case we are wrong and accidently get some Hemlock in there. 

I had fun identifying this wasp.  I've have seen before and I wondered what it was.  I found out that it's a Spider Wasp.  It eats...well... spiders!  I also read that he can deliver a very painful sting.... I'm glad I didn't disturb him while I took this picture... :)  


That's it for now.  I shall probably end up having a ton of pictures of QAL before the summer is up just because they are so pretty.  :)  

No comments: