Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Camera I Use

Suprised, my dear reader?  Were you in-visioning a large, bulky, black, expensive looking piece of equipment with straps and cases?   :)
This is the camera I use for my photography work.  It is a "Kodak EasyShare C613"  Sure it's modest and simple, but it works for me.  It was a Christmas present about 4 years ago.

The feature that I use the most is the "Close Up" setting.  It's for objects closer than 28 inches.  Sometimes it dosen't work and sometimes it does.  What I've found is that to get the best focus you have to experiment focusing at different distances away from the object and then just "crop" it later.

It has many other different options for what your snapping. I do not use all of them.  Here are just a few:
Landscape, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, Text, Night Portrait, Museum, Self Portrait, Children, Sport, etc.

It's video setting is good.  The only thing that I don't like about it is that when you try and view the video that you've just taken on the camera it doesn't have sound.  I'm not sure if that's because I just haven't figured out how to turn it on or there really is no sound.  :(  I just have to wait until I load it on the computer, THEN it has sound.

I looked on Amazon and right now there are 7 used and 8 new in case anyone is interested.

1 comment:

Leah Miren said...

Nice! You can get some pretty amazing shots with that thing! :D

-Leah